How to Consign
You’ve cleaned out your closet and you have some items you believe still have value, but they just no longer work for you. Time to consign! Here are a few tips to consider before bringing them into Karma.
- Know what sells. We accept high-end, in-season, current women’s merchandise in great condition. This includes jeans, blouses, sweaters, leggings, jackets, athletic wear, jewelry, shoes, boots, scarves, and HANDBAGS! See KARMA STYLE for ideas of what sells.
- Clean your items. Bring your items in ready to sell. Check for holes, stains, snags, pilling, broken zippers, pet hair, etc. If it can be fixed, fix it. De-pilling is your friend!! The newer the item looks, the higher it can be priced. We cannot accept items that need repair or cleaning.
- Don’t remove your labels. Your items will sell for more money if the label is still attached. Some items authenticity will be questioned without a tag on it.
- Know the background story. Provide as much information as possible about the item, as that will help us price the piece accurately.
- Handbags. Please bring us any original receipts, authenticity cards, or dust covers. They will increase the value of the handbag. Great handbags hardly ever have a shelf life.
Please read over our Karma Consignor Contract. Bring a signed copy with you.
Things to consider before consignment:
- Items will be considered for consignment on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays from 11:00 – 2:00 PM or by appointment only. Reminder, if you want to drop off items for consideration at another time and not wait, items not selected will be donated.
- We do not take any fake inventory like knock-off handbags.
- We do not take formal wear (exceptions may apply on a short term consignment basis the week prior to New Years only).
- We do not take any business wear, this includes dress pants and skirt/jacket sets, etc.
- We do not take any ‘fast fashion’ even if new with tags. This includes such retailers as Target, Walmart, Forever 21, Express, Kirkland, etc.
- We do not take any fur.